PART-TIME SHOP ASSISTANT
The Roommate Collective is looking for support with a part-time shop assistant to join our team. You will be responsible for the day-to-day operations in our brick & mortar with a focus on our daily retail shop operations.
Our weekly open hours are currently Wednesdays - Sundays and weekend availability is a must. This role starts at 8-12 hours per week with the opportunity for more shifts and hours as needed.
To apply, email firstname.lastname@example.org with the position you wish to apply for in the title.
Please also include: why you think you would be a good fit for this role and our team, your current availability as well as a 1 page PDF resume for consideration.
YOU WOULD BE THE PERFECT FIT IF:
- *Very important!* You are have an energetic personality, are an extrovert by nature and are a people person.
- You are passionate about small business + creativity.
- You are able to work independently and can adapt to the ebbs and flow of a work day.
- You are a self-starter and thrive on taking initiative.
- You have attention to detail and are willing to lend a hand whenever needed.
- You are looking for a job in a creative environment to supplement your creative endeavors or other job.
- Provide a welcoming experience for all customers and provide support
- Become an expert with the Roommate Collective brands and be able to educate customers on the brands and products
- Daily opening and closing duties including but not limited to cleaning, shop inventory management and more
- Support with other shop duties as needed
- Preferred 1+ years retail or equivalent experience
- College student at least through their sophomore year of school
- Lives in or near Austin, Texas and must have reliable transportation
- Weekly availability and flexibility during our shop's open hours
- Weekend availability is a must - including holidays
- Must be able to commit for at least 6 months or longer
- Being a part of a growing a small business community both in Austin and beyond
- Working alongside 3 woman-owned small businesses
- Competitive hourly pay based on experience with bi-annual reviews and opportunity for pay raises + role expansion
- Team discounts + first access to new products